How cute! A little bit ago I had done some work on a logo for a straw wrapper and this morning the owner sent me a photo of the wrappers to see. Sometimes when you design something for a client that doesn’t live in your area you never get to see the finished product so it was cool to see the wrappers. I’m not sure who did the little monster guy but he’s super cute. For this one I re-created the name of the company in hand-designed letters which you can see in the original example below.
How is everyone’s week going?
The other day at work someone brought in some delectable little sweet treats to share with everyone and they were so cute I had to take a few pics before trying any. I have a new app on my phone which I played around with some of the vintage style effects and love the way they came out. Some of the styles were a bit extreme and the lollipops would lose their stems with some of the effects making them look like creepy eyeballs…yikes. Here’s the completed collage. Enjoy!
Here is a new layered invitation set with a simple elegant feel. The background layer matches the border and name text and can be updated to match your color theme. These are now available in the Etsy Shop.
Hope you like this new design. Thanks for stopping by!
Running! I used to think of distance running as being for the birds but now I have the bug and I absolutely love it! The other weekend was the Disney Princess Half Marathon and I had soooo much fun running it! It started out in Epcot and went through the Magic Kingdom. We even got to run through the castle! My friend Angela and I got all Princessed out after the race =)
Paper Lanterns – As the weather starts to warm up all the windows up to let in the fresh air and it’s time to start grilling out and these Paper Lanterns from Pier 1 are perfect to add some atmosphere to your outdoor patio.
Decorations for the home – Cox & Cox has lovely decorative items for your home to add that special touch.
Georgia O’Keeffe – I have always been inspired from the close-up nature of Georgia O’Keeffe’s flower paintings. These are a few of my favorites from the Georgia O’Keeffe Gallery.
Illustrated Thoughts – “Real Simple Philosophy,” a G.W.F. Hegel quotation illustrated by The Heads of State.
* photo overlay from Pugly Pixel
A friend just shared this Video Summit with me that is for creative business individuals in helping them achieve success. Jennifer Lee, the organizer of the summit, just came out with a new book “The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative, Visual Map for Success” which shares tips and tools for running a successful business your way. I just ordered the book so I’m anxious for it to arrive!!! To go along with her book she has launched a 2 week long video summit in which she is joined by five creative entrepreneurs who will be sharing their business plans and success stories. What great inspiration!
The summit is running from February 28th to March 11th and it’s Free! Even though it began earlier this week there is still plenty of information that you can learn from these successful entrepreneurs and I’m looking forward to joining this community to learning more on how to get my creative business going.
Here’s a few of the things they have listed that will be included in the summit:
- How, as a right-brain entrepreneur, you’re pioneering a new way of work
- The secrets to standing out from the crowd, with ease and authenticity
- Insider tips on how to connect with your perfect customers
- How to use your intuition and imagination to increase your income
- Why creative cohorts are key to keeping you sane and expanding your reach
- Some simple ways to boost your productivity so you can get more done
- Knowing what to say yes to and what to say no to
- How to celebrate your progress and keep your momentum going
- How crafting a Right-Brain Business Plan has helped creative entrepreneurs just like you make huge strides in their business (you’ll get to see live “Show and Tell Spotlights”)
- How to make your creative right-brain gifts work for you – they’re actually your most valuable business asset!
I’ve just signed up so I’m super excited for today’s video and getting inspired!